- suggested agenda
- slides you may wish to use
- links to important information
House Party Agenda
I. Welcome and Introductions
II. Questions to consider during the movie.
a. Why is public education important to communities?III. Show choice of film: Rise Above the Mark, Education, Inc., Go Public
b. What are your understandings about the differences between public schools, private schools, and charter schools?
IV. Discussion Questions for Film
a. What did you notice about the film?V. Call to Action – see hand outs (What You Can Do, Looking Up a Bill, Legiscan)
b. What parts of the film interested you?
c. What questions do you think the film did not answer?
House Party Slides
(Click an image for a larger version)
House Party Resources
Northeast Indiana Friends of Public Education
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NEIFPE/
- Twitter: @NEIFPE
State of Indiana Contacts
Blogs and Websites
- Valerie Strauss, The Answer Sheet
- Anthony Cody, Living in Dialogue
- Peter Greene, Curmudgucation
- Diane Ravitch, Diane Ravitch’s Blog
- Steve Hinnefeld, School Matters
(NOTE: NEIFPE has a very limited number of copies of these films which we can loan on a first come-first served basis)
- Education Inc. – edincmovie.com/ Purchase $19.95, Stream from Vimeo $3.99
- Go Public – gopublicproject.org/ Purchase $29.95, Stream from Website
- Rise Above the Mark – https://riseabovethemark.com/ Purchase $19.99, iTunes Purchase $14.99, rent $4.99
Public Education Bibliography
Download your House Party Kit
- Agenda and Slides Downloadable pdf file
- Resources Downloadable pdf file
- Resources Online version.
One of our members would be happy to attend your House Party if it works with our schedules. Let us know, and we'll see if we can work out a time convenient to everyone.