Northeast Indiana residents: Join us in Fort Wayne a week from Saturday
Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction Glenda Ritz will join us for a meeting co-sponsored by ICPE and the Northeast Indiana Friends of Public Education (NEIFPE).
We will also have a panel of local experts talking about solving the teacher shortage and answering your questions. The panelists are:
- Indiana Rep. Melanie Wright
- Kathy Carr, Director of Human Resources, Fort Wayne Community Schools
- Karin Huttsell, Northwest Allen teacher and a member of the Indiana Department of Education blue ribbon panel on the teacher shortage
- Dr. Joe Nichols, Professor, IPFW
- Jenny Sanders, NEIFPE, panel moderator
The Indiana General Assembly Education Study Committee will meet October 19 to consider the teacher shortage. Attending the Fort Wayne panel may give you new insights if you wish to present or submit testimony to the committee.
Here are details for the Fort Wayne meeting:
Saturday, October 3 - Fort Wayne
Ivy Tech Coliseum Campus Auditorium 3800 N. Anthony Blvd., 2 pm (EDT)