The survey ran from October 5th through October 25th, 2014. Results can be accessed through the links below. All links are to pdf files. All comments are unedited.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
NEIFPE Survey Results. Bar graphs for all survey questions except those which were open ended.
OPEN ENDED RESPONSES AND COMMENTS
Responses to the question: What is the highest level of school you have completed or the highest degree you have received? Answer: Skilled trades apprenticeship or other post-secondary education (please specify). Click here to see the specified answers.
Responses to the question: How are you involved with public education (choose as many as are appropriate)? Answer: Other (please specify). Click here to see the specified answers
Comments for the following questions
1. Are American public schools today...
2. Are your local public schools...
3. Should tax dollars support private (including parochial) education?
4. Do you agree charter and voucher-accepting schools should be held to the same standards as traditional public schools?
5. If charter and private (including parochial) schools accept tax dollars, should they be required to accept all students including students with special needs, English Language Learners, and children of all faiths?
6. Indiana spends nearly 50 million dollars every year on high-stakes testing. Do you think standardized test scores are an adequate measure of a child's learning?
7. Do you think standardized test scores should be the primary factor in evaluating schools, teachers, and students?
8. State law mandates that all public and voucher receiving schools receive a letter grade based primarily on standardized test scores. Do you think your neighborhood schools should receive a letter grade?
9. Have any programs been cut or minimized in your neighborhood school that you want to see restored?
10a. As a taxpayer/voter, what do you expect of the schools in your community?
10b. As a teacher, what do you think is the most important thing for you to teach and for your students to learn?
10c. As a parent, what do you hope your children will learn by the time they have finished school?
11. Additional Comments